Friday, April 17, 2009

Steampunk Adventures of an Acoustic Nature

Today has been a day of marvelous adventures in accoustics, dear deckhands. I know all you can hear is the pumping of pistons and hissing of steam, but from where the good captain sits such sweet melodies have reached my ears I knew I simply must share or the good lord above might hold it against me when my number finally turns up. (My number is [227ver.1876] incidentally. I know you were wondering)

First, and truly you should prepare yourself for this, is an adventure some dear friends just shared with me. Damsels in distress, mad villains, amazing steampunk inventions traveling at dangerous speeds, and of course the three dashing heroes. Strap in and enjoy...

Alkaline Trio - "Help Me"


Next up for your audio-sensory enjoyment, a more somber tune set to some moving images which should naturally find a steamy place in your hearts. For interests sake, and perhaps this only interests me, but this was filmed just short of the arctic circle in Finland...talk about adventure!



Now we have an actual recording from 1904 that could not be more steampunk if it tried. Set to lovely images from Second Life (which happens to have a quite a large steampunk community) I present to you...



Finally, the good captain was so inspired by these beautiful sounds he made a small purchase for the Anomaly Obscura Engine. I expect this will help morale especially during tea time, as music does soothe the savage beast and we all know even wars stop for tea. We are civilized peoples after all!



I hope you do enjoy, and by all means feel free to sing them to yourselves while you get back to...ahh I just can't bring myself to say today, so lovely is the weather outside! Go enjoy!

6 comments:

Nattaboy said...

Heh... the last one was pretty awesome. Wish it was real. Maybe you should contact Jake Von Slatt or someone to make it! That would be EPIC.
btw, I love your posts!

Renquist Von Reik said...

A true working one (playing the same tune of course, I found it quite enjoyable) would be absolutely magnificent! I'm sure Jake Von Slatt or some other steampunk engineers would be able to build one, but think of the complexity of the clockworks not to mention the trouble with tuning! I'm sure just animating one was truly an effort!

I'm happy to hear you've been enjoying my eccentric ramblings. I do so enjoy writing them!

Scribblar said...

The first is my favourite. Such adventure! Such fun!

Renquist Von Reik said...

The first honestly blew me away, I wasn't expecting such incredible adventures myself! After watching it I only wished it was a full length movie and not just a music video.

Nattaboy said...

Yeah, the first one was great as well. All were good. My favourite thing about the first one was that, despite all the commotion and danger, not one of our three dashing heroes allows his hat to fall off, even if whizzing through the air on a steam-pack. That would be quite unseemly.

Renquist Von Reik said...

Heroes never those their hats. They are held securely upon the head by sheer force of heroic willpower.

Villains on the other hand...